Try Our Trial Offer!

Personal Best Karate

Happiness is Key to Claiming you are at your Personal Best

Posted: May 17, 2019

As a boy, I think what drew me to Martial Arts was the demeanor Chuck Norris and Bruce Lee had in their movies. Both characters had their share of adversity both physically and mentally, but I always watched in awe at how calm they were under the most stressful of circumstances. They found their focus, did what they needed to do and then went back to their normal happy life.

Are you happy? Does the answer depend on when you are reading this? Are you a person that exudes happiness all the time? I think you may agree with me there are certainly moments in life where happiness permeates everything around us. Many have experienced flow states where everything just seems to fall in place and moves in the right direction. Don’t you love when that happens? The challenge is that often the complexity of life doesn’t allow for euphoric environments around us. So how do you handle yourself when the “daily grind” threatens to steal your happiness away?

Here are some suggestions from Personal Development expert Brian Tracy that will keep you focused on the right things and give you more daily joy and happiness in your life.

How you protect your child from bullying

Posted: May 17, 2019

By Master Christopher Rappold Simple Tip #1   Rehearse what to do What do the statistics say?

So What is Your Definition of Bullying?

Posted: May 17, 2019

By Master Christopher Rappold An important realization for parents to make is that physical bullying accounts for less than 3 percent of the bullying that occurs in schools.  The other 97 percent is psychological.   It’s vital that parents take the time to clearly define bullying to their children as being anything that is DONE REPETITIVELY and WITH INTENTION that makes children feel scared, pressured or down on themselves.  What at times may seem innocent or “typical kid” behaviors that we as parents grew up with are actually the small seeds of where bullying and harassment occurs.  

Is Your Child Being Harmed By An Invisible Enemy?

Posted: May 17, 2019

By Master Christopher Rappold

Bullying takes many forms.  It can be a threat, making fun of someone or not including someone in activities.  It can be mean spirited or just distant and cold.  It can be one-on-one or it can spread to situations where a group of students are all focusing negative energy on one lone sole.  Whatever the exact description, it is all considered bullying.

How To Bring More Gratitude Into Your Child’s Life Without Them Even Knowing

Posted: May 17, 2019

By Master Christopher Rappold During the month of November we are all reminded through the holiday of Thanksgiving about the importance of being grateful.  We know it is important but you continually feel like your children just don’t get it.  Here are the first five tips that you can integrate in to bring more gratitude into your home without your children ever even knowing.   Speak often about being grateful – Nothing will beat a consistent message played over and over again.  Have you ever caught yourself repeating a saying your parents used to say?  I think we all have.  When children continually hear you give your reasons for why you feel grateful it’s no surprise over time they will do the same. 

‹ First  Newer Post 19 Older Post  Last ›

Recent Posts