How do you start your new year? Let’s get organized!
Posted: December 26, 2017
Over the next few weeks we will share 23 game-changing tips from real-mom professional organizers from Parents Magazine.
Four professional organizer moms share their secrets for controlling clutter and managing the unique breed of mess that families make.
A mom of an 8-year-old daughter, living in Atlanta. In addition to residential projects, she specializes in relocation services and home-office organization—and does it all with a slow-and-steady approach.
1. Suffering from kitchen-gadget overload? Use drawer dividers to give your tools a designated home.
2. Binder clips are great multitaskers. I use them to tie cords together, to organize my headphones in my purse, to close a bag of chips, and more.
3. I use Post-it Notes for everything, especially in the early stages of organizing when I’m putting things into categories. I even write my to-do list on a Post-it and put it by the door to grab when I go out.
4. Establish an out-box for your home. I have a bin by the door; if I need to return something, it goes into the bin. That way it’s contained, I see it, and I don’t forget about it.
5. Tip: Make a habit of productivity. When you have a minute to kill, instead of checking Instagram, look at your to-do list. (Save it on your phone for easier access!)
Check in next week for more tips!
If you would like to have your child try our award-winning character based martial arts program that will reinforce family value and teach mental and physical skills to ensure they are safe, please go to the registration page to sign up today. I promise you that our team of highly-skilled martial arts teachers and mentors will make you and your family feel right at home.