5 Self Defense Tips for Defeating the Cold and Flu
Posted: May 17, 2019
By Master Christopher Rappold
When we speak of SELF-defense it shouldn’t start with protecting against another person, it truly should start with what we do to keep ourselves healthy. Let’s face it, because of privilege of where we live, we are more than likely to have to protect ourselves more frequently from the cold and flu than from physical attack.
With this being said, here are five tips to keep you and your family healthy when the doors close and windows stay shut till late March:
1. Drink lots of water: 75% of our body and 80% of our brain is made of water. To keep germs from collecting in our body keep your fluids moving in and out of you. A great rule of thumb is to drink at least ½ your bodyweight in ounces of water.
2. Get enough ZZZ’s : When your body is well rested you think more clear and allow your body to stay strong. Typically you are at a great risk when you burn the candle at both ends and don’t allow your body the opportunity to recharge. Though everyone is different most people should get a minimum of seven hours of sleep per night
3. Frequently wash your hands: Germs gather on areas that are frequently touched. When you come in contact with things like handles and then wipe your face and eyes the germs have an easy entry. Avoid this by frequently washing your hands with warm soapy water.
4. Eat Clean: By definition, eat foods that are alive - fruits and vegetables. Organically grown produce are water rich and packed with dense nutrients that feed your body with what it needs.
5. Manage your Emotions: Make sure that you are controlling how you feel by building things into your day, week and month that helps you mentally recharge and relieve stress in a healthy way. Get your heart pumping taking a kickboxing, karate, jiu jitsu class or another exercise choice that will consistently keep your body fit and strong.
GET YOUR CHILD ON THEIR PERSONAL BEST PATH
If you would like to have your child try our award-winning character based martial arts program that will reinforce family value and teach mental and physical skills to ensure they are safe, please go to the registration page.
I promise you that our team of highly-skilled martial arts teachers and mentors will make you and your family feel right at home.